Bordeaux in a day: The World’s Wine Capital
During this exceptional day in Bordeaux, you’ll discover “the sleeping beauty” and the world’s wine capital! We will reveal to you the most exciting pages of its history, through Roman, English, and French eras and its beautiful architectural styles.
As part of your full-day experience, you’ll also taste some authentic and modern French cuisine in the very center of the city before continuing to the luxury Graves and Sauternes appellations. Here, you’ll be warmly welcomed and guided through the Château and its property. You’ll taste prestigious red and white wines from an exceptional terroir dating back to the Middle Ages. Or, instead, you’ll have a private visit and tasting at a family château Grand Cru Classé in the Sauternes appellation.
The last part of your tour will be a private visit to an authentic medieval castle built in 1306, which is very well preserved because the same family has lived there for already seven centuries! The castle visit will be done by the Viscount in person, who will be happy to show you his property and talk about his wine during a private tasting.
– Walking tour in the historic center of Bordeaux, with the most important historical monuments
– Lunch at a restaurant in the city center
– Visit of a Château Grand Cru Classé in the Sauternes or Graves appellation, according to the 1855 classification and tasting of its nectar.
– Visit of a beautiful medieval castle (1306), very well preserved
– Dinner at a gastronomic restaurant (optional)
– Guiding Services
– Private Transportation
– All the tastings and visits stated in the itinerary.
– Bottles of water