Heidelberg Castle and Old Town Walking Tour
This tour starts at Heidelberg’s Old Bridge with a great view of the Castle.
We will then walk to Old Town on the pedestrian zone through lovely alleys to the University square where the major university buildings are located.
After that, you will walk through the Jesuit Quarter, back to the baroque Market Square, and on the way, you will visit three major churches and the most beautiful and oldest houses in town, the famous “Ritter”.
After a short break (maybe for a typical regional lunch), we will either climb up the 300 stairs with interesting views of the gardens of the historic houses or we can take the funicular up to the Castle.
Inside the Castle you will enjoy the gardens and the Castle courtyard with all the major buildings and towers, the biggest wine barrel in the world (over 220. 000 liters), and the interesting German pharmacy museum.
– The famous Old Bridge
– The Townhall and the baroque Old Town with its pedestrian zone.
– The “Hotel and Restaurant Ritter”.
– The Church of the Holy Spirit.
– Germany’s oldest university.
– Witches’ Tower.
– The plaque in commemoration of the visit of Martin Luther 1518.
– The birthplace of the first German president Friedrich Ebert.
– The stunning Jesuit Church.
– Heidelberg Castle and Castle gardens.
– Guiding Services
– Entrance Fees