Explore the Historic and Modern Districts of Lisbon
This complete tour permits you to visit the city center, the historical neighborhoods but also to go a little bit beyond. Your private guide will show you not only the ‘classics’:
– the old town of Alfama where the city was born, with its maze of streets, tiled façades, and hidden corners;
– the downtown (Baixa), the part of the city that was rebuilt after the earthquake of 1755, vivid and commercial;
– the monumental district of Belém, from where our navigators sailed during the Golden Age of the Discoveries;
But also to pass through lovely residential quarters, such as Lapa and Estrela, with its lovely buildings, sometimes a discrete palace.
The modern district of Expo built to house the International Exhibition in 1998, with its modern and old buildings.
You will still have time for a photo stop by the statue of ‘Christ the King’ on the southern bank of the Tejo river, from where we can see the city on our feet!
– Liberty Avenue
– Bairro Alto
– Expo (modern area)
– the statue of Christ the King
– Belém area
– Stop for coffee and custard tart along the way.