Sintra Highlights Day Trip from Lisbon
Sintra used to be a retreat for the Portuguese royalty since it was near the capital, and it was one of the most attractive areas of Portugal.
On this tour you will find a lush forest with amazing parks and fairy tale palaces.
There are a lot of possible options and sites to visit: Pena romantic Palace and Park, Royal National Palace of Sintra, Regaleira Palace and Park, Moors Castle, Monserrat Park with Palace, Capuchos or Cork convent.
To make the most of your experience it’s suggested visiting a maximum of 3 sites in a day. The access to Pena Palace and Castle of the Moors is accessible by a local shuttle from the town center. So this is something to be considered. Also important to remind that Sintra in most periods of the year is extremely crowded.
– Sintra National Palace in the centre of Sintra, the initial building was a Moorish palace. Profound architectural modifications were done during the 14th, 15th and 16th centuries.
– Pena Palace and Park, pioneer of the romantic palaces, dating from middle XIX century. One of the most visited palaces in Portugal and considered one of the most beautiful in Europe. Surrounded by a lush park.
– Sintra Moorish Castle: built 9th century, by the Moors. Due to its privileged location, it allows magnificent views over Sintra and the sea.
– Capuchos Convent built among trees and blocks of granite, which are part of the building itself. Founded in 1560, the small cells, the cork-coating on doors, are proof of the Faith and humbleness of the Franciscan.
– Qiuinta Da Regaleira: a fascinating symbolic estate
– Monserrrate Park and Palace: Conceived in a romantic environment it is today an importante botanic museum
– Private Transportation
– Guiding Services
– Entrance fees