The Best of Liverpool Tour
This is a full day tour with a highly qualified & experienced Blue Badge Guide. You will enjoy the Cathedrals, Georgian Quarter and the Royal Albert Dock, as well as The Beatles key sites, the historic waterfront and World Heritage Sites. Liverpool has an illustrious history of being second greatest Port in the British Empire. You will have an insight as to why the city was so important and how it gained it unparalleled wealth, how it invested in its commercial architecture, its public buildings and how Liverpool philanthropists diversified its culture.
After the Second War War between Britain & Allied Forces, and Germany, a new Liverpool emerged longing for an end to austerity and food rationing. The young people who had grown up in the war, looked to the future, and started to buy records from America, which influenced, the most famous band in the world, The Beatles.
– Beatles Sites, Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields
– Childhood homes of John Lennon & Paul McCartney
– Anglican and Catholic Cathedrals, University of Liverpool & Georgian Hope street
– World Heritage site of William Brown Street where it’s possible to visit either the Walker Art Gallery, St George’s Hall, World Museum and Central Library & Picton Reading Room
– Royal Albert Dock for a tour of the historic warehouses, Maritime Museum, International Slavery Museum & until November 2019 the superb “Double Fantasy” John Lennon & Yoko Ono exhibition.
– Pier Head, Liverpools principal buildings on the waterfront with The Beatles statues
– Guiding Services
– Private Transportation
– Admission Tickets
– Donation to both Cathedrals as well as entrance charge to the famous Cavern Club.
– Meal and drinks