Dubrovnik Game of Thrones Filming Locations
If you’re a “Game of Thrones” fan, this is a must-do in Dubrovnik. The city is arguably the most recognizable filming location and will give you a chance to dive into the world of fantasy that George R. R. Martin created in his books.
During the tour, you will discover the locations used in Seasons 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8: Old Town of Dubrovnik, Trsteno Arboretum & Lokrum island.
All these places have an interesting historical background, so for those that are not Game of Thrones fans, this tour has also a rich history content as Dubrovnik was founded in the 7th century and most of these locations are cultural and historic monuments. Therefore, GOT fans will learn something about the city, non-fans will be equally entertained and will most likely gain interest in the show while exploring one of the best-preserved medieval cities in Europe and its immediate surroundings.
Follow in the footsteps of Tyrion, Sansa, Joffrey, and many others, as you visit the location of King’s Landing. Witness how the film crew transformed Dubrovnik’s historical landmarks into places in the capital of Westeros.
– Joffrey’s name day tourney
– Power is Power Vs Knowledge is Power ‘debate’
– The Gold Cloaks slaying late King Robert’s bastards
– Myrcella leaves for Dorne
– Joffrey starts a riot at King’s Landing
– Daenerys visits the Spice King’s mansion in Qarth
– Sansa saved from rape by the Hound
– Varys, Tyrion and Joffrey inspecting the defenses before Stannis’ attack
– Tyrion, Bronn, and Podrick meet after the battle of Blackwater
– Jaime’s return to King’s Landing
– Joffrey’s wedding AKA Purple wedding
– Oberyn meets with Tyrion at Littlefinger’s brothel
– The Mountain practicing for the trial by combat
– Cersei pays last respects to Tywin
– Tommen gets intercepted by sparrows at the staircase to the Grand Sept of Baelor
– Walk of shame
– Jon’s departure to the North and farewell to the Starks
– The Bells. . .